Contact your SF Supervisor, and urge their support for the SAVE KUSF resolution introduced by Sup. Mirkarimi http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIieuGmIb2g at the Board of Supervisors meeting on 1/25/11. The Board will vote on this resolution at the next meeting to be held THIS COMING TUESDAY, 2/1/11.
–> First look up your district: http://gispub02.sfgov.org/website/nuviewer/monsmap.asp?bhiw=1371&bhih=938
–> Then find your Supervisor: http://www.sfbos.org/index.aspx?page=1616
–> Now write (as in right now).
Please express your support for this resolution no matter where in the city you live – even if it’s just to thank your District Supervisor for having already made the right decision.
Of course there are always some people who may need a little more convincing than others. Is your District Supervisor one of those? Probably best to write just in case.
2) WRITE AGAIN!
send a message (or forward the one you just sent your Supervisor) to University of San Francisco President Father Privett email@example.com. I’m sure you’d appreciate getting a letter now and then if you lived in a place called Lone Mountain.
3) NOW WRITE!
Again, yeah. This time introduce yourself to the USF Board of Trustees firstname.lastname@example.org. They’re excited to hear from you!
4) NOW WRITE AGAIN!
One last time. Forward any letters you’ve already written about the sale of KUSF’s frequency to:
USF Assistant Dean of Social Sciences Michael Bloch, email@example.com, who is the current administrator caretaker of the FCC’s Public File for KUSF. According to FCC rules, all complaints and letters regarding the station are supposed to be included in that Public File. He’s on our side; be nice.
* To ensure that your comment is filed, please include in the header, or in the body of your message:
“FILE IN KUSF PUBLIC FILE”
your own SAVE KUSF signs (flyers, posters, shirts, buttons, hats, tattoos, body-paint, bustiers, panties, what were we talking about?) Or GET THIS FILE to print out a ready-made poster to hang everywhere you don’t already see one. Don’t forget tape. Or even GET THIS OTHER FILE to print out these ready-made flyers for putting in shops and clubs and on bulletin boards and in the hands of everyone you meet.
6) HAVE FUN!
(but only at the following events, where you can also stock up on the latest Save KUSF fashions):
– TONIGHT – January 29th, 9pm (doors 8pm): Great American Music Hall http://www.gamh.com/artist_pages/spanish_bombs_chuck_prophet_012911.htm – Spanish Bombs, featuring Chuck Prophet & Chris von Sneidern performing the Clash album “London Calling” / Titan Ups / Save KUSF
– SUNDAY, January 30th, 9pm: Argus Lounge http://www.arguslounge.com/index.html – Save KUSF DJ Night – 9pm-close
7) RALLY/SPEAK UP!
Tuesday, February 1st – SF Board of Supervisors will vote on the Save KUSF resolution co-sponsored by Supervisors Mirkarimi, Mar, and Avalos
– 1pm Rally in front of SF City Hall. Wear your colors.
– 2pm Board of Supervisors Meeting & Vote — the vote will take place AFTER Public Comment, so please consider telling the Board of Supervisors in person why you think their vote for the Save KUSF resolution is important. You’ll get to be on TV, sort of. Later, you can even post the video on your online dating profile, and be like “here’s me saving KUSF or whatever.” Seriously though, I’d hit that.
8) STAY TUNED!
Come back tomorrow! Come up with ideas of your own for things you can do to help! Then do them!
LOS ANGELES & SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA TYPES / USC STUDENTS & FACULTY / HOLLYWOOD STARLETS:
1) READ! http://www.neontommy.com/news/2011/01/usc-and-entercom-s-gambit-dark-side-preserving-classical-music-san-francisco
2) WRITE! to USC. Tell them you don’t want our peanut butter on your chocolate, and to please keep your chocolate out of our peanut butter (don’t worry, we can totally still make out when one of us is out of town).
3) SIGN! USC folks can also sign their own petition urging USC to reconsider its role in this shady deal! http://tinyurl.com/saveCommunityMedia
NON-CALIFORNIANS / REAL AMERICANS / DISTANT ADMIRERS
hmm, tell you what – while we figure out what to do with you, for now why not break the ice by DONATING? It’s free (i.e, no service charge)!!!